How to Format Android?
Being an open-source platform, Android is loved by everyone. In fact, it is the most popular mobile operating system in the world with millions of devices running on the platform. There comes a time when Android users face unwanted issues with their devices. To resolve such unwanted issues, they have only one solution i.e. to format the device. If you are wondering about how to format Android, then here we have prepared a detailed tutorial for you.
There could be different reasons why would a person want to format his Android device. The following situations lead them to format the device. What’s shocking here is most Android device owners don’t aware of formatting their device. They end up spending hundreds of bucks just to erase the saved data from their devices.
Why do you want to Format Android?
- When your device is taking too long to open an app.
- When your device stuck multiple times while exploring the web.
- When you want to sell out your Android device to someone else.
- When you forget the password or screen lock of your device.
In the above-listed situations, the only option you have is to format the device. Before you jump on to the steps to format the device, there are a few things that you should care about. Make sure you complete the following things before you format an Android device.
- Keep your device with you. You need to have your device in your hands to format it. You will not be required an additional software or computer system to do so.
- Make sure that the battery percentage of your device is above 75%. If your device is not charged enough, you should first recharge it properly so that there will be no interruptions in between the process.
- You have to take a backup of all the data stored on your device. Formatting an Android device will remove or erase all the data including the photos, videos, apps, contacts, etc. If you don’t want to lose your precious and important data, then you need to take a backup of all the data to a different platform.
Tips Before you Format an Android Device
- Make sure that the memory card from your device is removed. It stops your memory card from internal damages.
- Different brands have different options to format the device. Make sure you explore the different options given in the Settings menu without getting frustrated.
- Be patient, sometimes the format process of an Android device takes a little longer. Keep the battery of the device charged and wait for the device to reboot itself.
How to Format an Android Smartphone and Tablet?
Basically, there are two different methods with which one can easily format an Android device. The first method is a basic method that can be used by even a non-technical person to reset and delete all the data of their device.
The second method requires a bit of technical knowledge, however, by going through the given steps, one can easily follow the second method and can format their devices quickly. Let’s follow both the methods now!
Method 1: Format Android device with Phone’s Settings Menu
Every Android device comes with a built-in function that lets you erase all the data and reset your phone. Yes, you can Factory Reset your Android device by following the simple steps right from the Settings menu of your device.
By factory resetting your device, you would be no longer able to access the data and the apps. Your device will be formatted and you will get the device like a brand-new Android. Let’s check out the steps first.
- Firstly, turn on the Android device and open the Apps menu.
- Select the Settings option from the available Apps.
- From the Settings menu, select the System option.
- Now, scroll down the page and select the Reset Option from there.
- You would be presented with two different options here. Kindly select the Factory Reset option from here. This will erase all the data from your device. You will be warned with a pop-up message on the screen before you proceed further.
- The next page will show you the data that will be erased from the device. At last, tap on the Reset Phone button.
- The process will begin itself and after a few minutes, your Android device will be rebooted. Your device is now formatted.
- Method 2: Format Android device with Recovery Mode
If you face issues with your device, or if you are not able to open the apps or your device got stuck with the same screen, then the only option you have is to enter into the Recovery Mode. The following steps will help you to open the device’s Recovery Mode so that you can Factory Reset the device and format it.
Press and hold the Power button to turn it off. You have to turn off the device before you proceed further.
Now, long-press the Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously. You will be presented with a Start menu on the screen. As soon as you see the Start menu on the screen, release the buttons.
To navigate through the menu options, you can use the Volume up and Volume Down buttons, and to select the option, you can use the Power button.
Use the Volume Button and take the option to Recovery Mode. Press the Power button to select the Recovery Mode option of the device.
From the Recovery Mode menu, you will see multiple options including the Wipe data/ Factory reset option. Use Volume up and down keys to navigate and select the Power button from there.
You will be prompted with Yes or No message, select the Yes option with the Power button.
Press the Power button to select the Reboot System Now. Each page will show you all the details including the data that will be erased from the device. Make sure to read out all the instructions and details given on the page before you press the Power button.
The process will begin itself, it will take a few seconds to complete the formatting of the device. Soon, your device will be rebooted with a fresh Android screen. You will be asked to set up your device as if you owned a new Android device.
Wrapping it up:
Whenever you want to sell out or give your Android device to your friends, you will have to remove your accounts and data to keep them private and secure. You can follow these steps to remove your Google Accounts and data.
Here for your convenience, we have shared all the ways through which you can easily Format your android phone.
So, That’s it for this android format tutorial I hope you liked this guide Please keep visiting TechyList For More awesome content!